Art Director Agreement
As an Independent Filmmaker, (a.k.a. the Producer of a/your Project), you will be auditioning an independent Art Director(s) for your Project. As an Independent the Art Director is not an employee, nor partner, nor agent of the Producer and/or of the Production Company.
The Art Director on a Project will command a role as an Administrator setting tasks and running the Art Department. The Project may be a film, music video, stage play, documentary, animation/cartoon etc.
The Art Director coordinates with the Set Designer, the Set Decorator and Production Designer. Liaison with the construction department is important. Budgeting, scheduling and overall quality control are the Art Director’s responsibilities. On a smaller Independent Project the Art Director will probably also fulfill the jobs of the Set Designer and Decorator.
Signing this contract the independent Art Director is assigning any and all Rights to their work performance over to the Producer.
This Agreement between the independent Art Director and the Producer is drafted in plain English that is easy to read and comprehend. This is a four page, thirteen clause legal Agreement. The Agreement may be filled in on your computer or printed out and filled in later. Your Lawyer will draft any and all other clauses for your Project’s unique situations and circumstances.
Boiler–plate clauses, amongst others in the Agreement, include: confidentiality, dismissal for drug/alcohol/illegal photographs/nuisance etc., engagement dates, and termination notice. Your
We regularly receive feedback that we have successfully drafted our filmmaker contracts to be as complete as possible for all legal situations. However, should you experience a unique personal situation requiring the drafting of a special clause, please contact us at your convenience. Otherwise, you may be obliged to find a local entertainment lawyer experienced in the film making industry who will draft any and all other clauses for your Project’s unique situation or circumstance.
This Agreement is part of the Director’s Deal, the Producer’s Deal, and part of the Investor’s Deal.
Art Director Agreement
Art Director Name: ____________________________________________
Producer(s) Name: _______________________________________________
Producer Company: ______________________________________________
Project Name: __________________________________________________
Project Genre: _________________________________________________
(film, music video, stage production, game show, etc)
In the Agreement the Independent Filmmaker is the “Producer”.
1. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the above named and below signed Producer hereby engages the above named and below signed Art Director as an “Independent Art Director” to perform the services set forth herein, and the Art Director hereby accepts such engagement.
2. The Art Director shall work in coordination with the Producer and Director and any and all personnel necessary to design and decorate the set(s).
3. The Art Director duties on the above named Project are detailed in Appendix “A’ herein attached.
4. The Art Director shall not sign any contracts for or on behalf of the Producer nor the Director nor the Project in any way nor manner whatsoever.
5. The Art Director will commence duties on ______________, 20__ and continue until _____________, 20___. Consumption of Drugs or Alcohol before or during the Art Director’s time on the Project and or creating a nuisance that interrupts the Project in any manner whatsoever will command immediate dismissal from . . . (continued)