Boom Operator Agreement
As an Independent Filmmaker, (a.k.a. the Producer of a/your Project), you will be auditioning independent Boom Operators for your Project. As an independent the Boom Operator is not an employee, nor partner, nor agent of the Producer and/or of the Production Company.
The Boom Operator is responsible for the placement of microphones for the recording of voices and sounds. A Boom Operator is an assistant of the Project’s Sound Mixer. The Boom Operator may place wireless microphones on Actors and about the shot. Most of the time the Boom Operator handles a long “fishpole” with a microphone attached to the end. A sturdier version is called a “fisher boom” that allows the operator greater control over their microphone from a greater distance.
Signing this contract the independent Boom Operator is assigning any and all Rights to their performance over to the Producer.
This Agreement between the independent Boom Operator and the Producer is drafted in plain English that is easy to read and comprehend. This is a four page, thirteen clause legal Agreement. The Agreement may be filled in on your computer or printed out and filled in later.
Boiler–plate clauses, amongst others in the Agreement, include: confidentiality, dismissal for drug/alcohol/illegal photographs/nuisance etc., engagement dates, termination notice.
We regularly receive feedback that we have successfully drafted our filmmaker contracts to be as complete as possible for all legal situations. However, should you experience a unique personal situation requiring the drafting of a special clause, please contact us at your convenience. Otherwise, you may be obliged to find a local entertainment lawyer experienced in the film making industry who will draft any and all other clauses for your Project’s unique situation or circumstance.
This Agreement is part of the Producer’s Agreement.
Boom Operator Agreement
Boom Operator Name: ____________________________________________
Producer(s) Name: _______________________________________________
Producer Company: ______________________________________________
Project Name: __________________________________________________
Project Genre: _________________________________________________
(film, music video, stage production, game show, etc)
Herein this Agreement the Independent Filmmaker is the “Producer”.
1. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the above named and below signed Producer hereby engages the above named and below signed Boom Operator as an “independent Boom Operator” to perform the services set forth herein, and the Boom Operator hereby accepts such engagement.
2. The Boom Operator shall work in coordination with the Director and the Director of Photography and the Sound Mixer to record the voices and sounds for the Project.
3. If the Boom Operator is providing her/his own Sound Equipment note the assets on Appendix “A”. The Boom Operator hereby warrants that her/his equipment is adequate for the Project, and that the Boom Operator’s Equipment listed in Appendix “A” is of durable and suitable quality for the Project.
4. The Boom Operator shall not sign any contracts for or on behalf of the Producer nor the Director nor the Project in any way nor manner whatsoever.
5. The Boom Operator will commence duties on ______________, 20__ and continue until _____________, 20___ . Consumption of Drugs or Alcohol before or during the Boom Operator’s time on the Project and or creating a nuisance that interrupts the Project in any manner whatsoever will command immediate dismissal from the set and Project.
6. The Boom Operator understands that she/he shall receive ______________ compensation for her/his skill and services . . . (continued)