Casting Director Agreement
As an Independent Filmmaker, (a.k.a. the Producer of a/your Project), you will be auditioning independent Casting Directors for your Project. As an independent the Casting Director is not an employee, nor partner, nor agent of the Producer and/or of the Production Company.
A vital member of any Project is the Casting Director and her/his staff. During pre-production the Casting Director screens prospective Actors and Extras as required. This process may involve individual interviews for selected Actors to massive recruiting of Extras in public calls. The Talent is then introduced to and considered by the casting panel made up of producer, director, choreographer or any other person so chosen by the Producer and Director. They make the final decision on employing the Actors and Extras.
This panel is looking for individual Actors ability and an Ensemble chemistry that will light up the screen.
Signing this contract the independent Casting Director is assigning any and all Rights to their performance over to the Producer.
This Agreement between the independent Casting Director and the Producer is drafted in plain English that is easy to read and comprehend. This is a four page, twelve clause Agreement. The Agreement may be filled in on your computer or printed out and filled in later.
Boiler–plate clauses, amongst others in the Agreement, include: waiver of Casting Director’s right to inspect or approve the final cut, confidentiality, dismissal for drug/alcohol/illegal photographs/nuisance etc., engagement dates, termination notice.
We regularly receive feedback that we have successfully drafted our filmmaker contracts to be as complete as possible for all legal situations. However, should you experience a unique personal situation requiring the drafting of a special clause, please contact us at your convenience. Otherwise, you may be obliged to find a local entertainment lawyer experienced in the film making industry who will draft any and all other clauses for your Project’s unique situation or circumstance.
This Agreement is part of the Director’s Agreement, and part of the
Casting Director Agreement;
Casting Director Name: ____________________________________________
Casting Director Company: _________________________________________
Producer(s) Name: _______________________________________________
Producer Company: ______________________________________________
Project Name: __________________________________________________
Project Genre: _________________________________________________
(film, music video, stage production, game show, etc)
Herein this Agreement the Independent Filmmaker is the “Producer”.
1. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the above named and below signed Producer hereby engages the above named and below signed Casting Director as an “Independent Casting Director” to perform the services set forth herein, and the Casting Director hereby accepts such engagement.
2. The Casting Director shall pre-screen all Actors for the appropriate acting part in the Project. The final decision on any and all Actors is the decision of the Producer and or the Director only. The Casting Director shall not sign any contracts for or on behalf of the Producer nor the Director nor the Project in any way nor manner whatsoever.
3. The Casting Director’s casting of Extras for background, audience, or group will be agreed between the parties and included in Exhibit “A” attached.
4. The Casting Director will commence duties on ______________, 20__ and continue until _____________, 20___. Consumption of Drugs or Alcohol before or during the Casting Director’s time on the Project and or creating a nuisance that interrupts the Project in any manner whatsoever will command immediate dismissal from the set and Project.
5. The Casting Director understands that she/he shall receive ______________ compensation for her/his skill and services . . . (continued)