Construction Coordinator Agreement
As an Independent Filmmaker, (a.k.a. the Producer of a/your Project), you will be auditioning independent Construction Coordinator for your Project. As an independent the Construction Coordinator is not an employee, nor partner, nor agent of the Producer and/or of the Production Company.
The Construction Coordinator is responsible for building and painting the sets on a Project. The Construction Coordinator works with the Director, the Art Director and the Production Designer to create the set(s). Before set construction begins the Coordinator must provide the Producer with estimates to be approved. The Construction Coordinator will provide all her/his own equipment and tools and hire all construction assistants.
This Agreement between the independent Construction Coordinator and the Producer is drafted in plain English that is easy to read and comprehend. This is a four page, fourteen clause legal Agreement. The Agreement may be filled in on your computer or printed out and filled in later.
Boiler–plate clauses, amongst others in the Agreement, includes: confidentiality, dismissal for drug/alcohol/illegal photographs/nuisance etc., engagement dates, termination notice.
We regularly receive feedback that we have successfully drafted our filmmaker contracts to be as complete as possible for all legal situations. However, should you experience a unique personal situation requiring the drafting of a special clause, please contact us at your convenience. Otherwise, you may be obliged to find a local entertainment lawyer experienced in the film making industry who will draft any and all other clauses for your Project’s unique situation or circumstance.
This Agreement is part of the Director’s Agreement and the Producer’s Agreement.
Construction Coordinator Agreement
Construction Coordinator Name: ____________________________________
Construction Coordinator Company: _________________________________
Producer(s) Name: _______________________________________________
Producer Company: ______________________________________________
Project Name: __________________________________________________
Project Genre: _________________________________________________
(film, music video, stage production, game show, etc)
Herein this Agreement the Independent Filmmaker is called the “Producer”.
1. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the above named and below signed Producer hereby engages the above named and below signed Construction Coordinator as an “Independent Construction Coordinator” to perform the services set forth herein, and the Construction Coordinator hereby accepts such engagement.
2. The Construction Coordinator shall work in coordination with the Director, the Art Director and the Production Designer to construct any and all sets as required for the Project. This will include Painting as required.
3. The Construction Coordinator shall provide estimates, in Exhibit “A”, to the Producer before construction and stay within these estimates during construction. If construction costs will exceed the estimate, the Construction Coordinator must obtain permission from the Producer to exceed the estimates.
4. The Construction Coordinator shall provide her/his own construction equipment and tools for the Project. The Construction Coordinator hereby warrants that her/his construction equipment and tools are of durable and suitable quality for the Project. Any and all Construction Assistants that are required for the set construction are hired in the employ of and the sole responsibility of the Construction Coordinator and any and all Assistant’s compensation shall be paid by the Construction Coordinator and not by the Producer.
5. The Construction Coordinator will commence duties on ______________, 20__ and continue until _____________, 20___. Consumption of Drugs or Alcohol before or during the Construction Coordinator’s time on the Project and or creating a nuisance that interrupts the Project in any manner whatsoever will command immediate dismissal from . . . (continued)