Costume Designer Agreement
As an Independent Filmmaker, (a.k.a. the Producer of a/your Project), you will be auditioning independent Costume Designer for your Project. As an independent the Actor is not an employee, nor partner, nor agent of the Producer and/or of the Production Company.
Costuming a Project is a big operation. The costume Designer must meet all the Actors and Extras, note their physical size and place a costume on them that is appropriate for the period depicted and the Actor’s part in the Project. Costumers may visit costuming warehouse to search though thousands of costumes for just the right costume for the Actor and Extras in the Project. It is often a very time consuming job with long hours of searching and fittings. The Costumers may be obliged to do alterations. The Director has the final say on any and all Actors and Extras costumes.
Signing this contract the independent Actor is assigning any and all Rights to their performance over to the Producer.
This Agreement between the independent Costume Designer and the Producer is drafted in plain English that is easy to read and comprehend. This is a four page, twelve clause Agreement. The Agreement may be filled in on your computer or printed out and filled in later.
Boiler–plate clauses, amongst others in the Agreement, include: waiver of Actor’s right to inspect or approve the final cut, confidentiality, dismissal for drug/alcohol/illegal photographs/nuisance etc., engagement dates, termination notice.
We regularly receive feedback that we have successfully drafted our filmmaker contracts to be as complete as possible for all legal situations. However, should you experience a unique personal situation requiring the drafting of a special clause, please contact us at your convenience. Otherwise, you may be obliged to find a local entertainment lawyer experienced in the film making industry who will draft any and all other clauses for your Project’s unique situation or circumstance.
This Agreement is one of the contracts in the Actor’s Deal, Director’s Deal, Producer’s Deal, and the Investor’s Deal.
Costume Designer Agreement
Costume Designer Name: _________________________________________
Producer(s) Name: _______________________________________________
Producer Company: ______________________________________________
Project Name: __________________________________________________
Project Genre: _________________________________________________
(film, music video, stage production, game show, etc)
Herein this Agreement the Independent Filmmaker is called the “Producer”.
1. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the above named and below signed Producer hereby engages the above named and below signed Costume Designer as an “Independent Costume Designer” to perform the services set forth herein, and the Costume Designer hereby accepts such engagement.
2. The Costume Designer shall work in coordination with the Director to costume all Actors and Extras in the appropriate costume for the Project period being depicted.
3. If the Costume Designer is providing her/his own Wardrobe for the Project or any costumes for the Project of any type note the assets on Appendix “A”. The Costume Designer hereby warrants that her/his Wardrobe and Costumes are adequate for the Project, and that the Costume Designer’s Wardrobe and Costumes listed in Appendix “A” are of durable and suitable quality for the Project.
4. The Costume Designer shall not sign any contracts for or on behalf of the Producer nor the Director nor the Project in any way nor manner whatsoever.
5. The Costume Designer will commence duties on ______________, 20__ and continue until _____________, 20___. Consumption of Drugs or Alcohol before or during the Costume Designer’s time on the Project and or creating a nuisance that interrupts the Project in any manner whatsoever will command immediate dismissal from the set and Project.
6. The Costume Designer understands that she/he shall receive . . . (continued)