Hair Stylist Agreement
As an Independent Filmmaker, (a.k.a. the Producer of a/your Project), you will be auditioning independent Hair Stylists for your Project. As an independent the Hair Stylist is not an employee, nor partner, nor agent of the Producer and/or of the Production Company.
A Hair Stylist in preparation for a role is given a costume, accessories and a hairstyle. Most Hair Stylists will arrive on the set with her/his own equipment and charge the Producer for any and all products required for the Project Hair Stylist’s hairstyles.
Signing this contract the independent Hair Stylist is assigning any and all Rights to their performance over to the Producer.
This Agreement between the independent Hair Stylist and the Producer is drafted in plain English that is easy to read and comprehend. This is a four page, thirteen clause legal Agreement. The Agreement may be filled in on your computer or printed out and filled in later.
Boiler–plate clauses, amongst others in the Agreement, include: confidentiality, dismissal for drug/alcohol/illegal photographs/nuisance etc., engagement dates, termination notice.
We regularly receive feedback that we have successfully drafted our filmmaker contracts to be as complete as possible for all legal situations. However, should you experience a unique personal situation requiring the drafting of a special clause, please contact us at your convenience. Otherwise, you may be obliged to find a local entertainment lawyer experienced in the film making industry who will draft any and all other clauses for your Project’s unique situation or circumstance.
This Agreement is part of the Actor’s Deal, the Director’s Deal, and the Producer’s Deal.
Hair Stylist Agreement
Hair Stylist Name: ______________________________________________
Producer(s) Name: ______________________________________________
Producer Company: _____________________________________________
Project Name: __________________________________________________
Project Genre: _________________________________________________
(film, music video, stage production, game show, etc)
Herein this Agreement the Independent Filmmaker is the “Producer”.
1. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the above named and below signed Producer hereby engages the above named and below signed Hair Stylist as an “Independent Hair Stylist” to perform the services set forth herein, and the Hair Stylist hereby accepts such engagement.
2. The Hair Stylist shall work in coordination with the Director and the Costumer to create appropriate hairstyles for the Project.
3. If the Hair Stylist is providing her/his own Products and Equipment note the assets on Appendix “A”. The Hair Stylist hereby warrants that her/his Products and Equipment are adequate for the Project, and that the Hair Stylist’s Products and Equipment listed in Appendix “A” are of durable and suitable quality for the Project.
4. The Hair Stylist shall not sign any contracts for or on behalf of the Producer nor the Director nor the Project in any way nor manner whatsoever.
5. The Hair Stylist will commence duties on ______________, 20__ and continue until _____________, 20___. Consumption of Drugs or Alcohol before or during the Hair Stylist’s time on the Project and or creating a nuisance that interrupts the Project in any manner whatsoever will command immediate dismissal from . . . (continued)