Location Release For Pay
Independent Filmmakers who shoot on location without securing a Location Release may be subject to liability if an accident occurs. And, without such Location Releases it may be difficult to purchase Errors and Omissions (E&O) Insurance and survive the scrutiny of a Distributor’s Legal Department.
Location agreements should be sought from landowners or land possessors when shooting on private property and from the appropriate government owner/Administrator, (municipal, county, state, province, federal, etc.), when shooting on public property. Always make certain that the Owner/Official signing the Location Release has authority to grant such permission.
This Location Release between the Owner/Official and the Producer is drafted in plain English that is easy to read and comprehend. This is a five page, eleven clause legal Agreement. The Agreement may be filled in on your computer or printed out and filled in later.
We regularly receive feedback that we have successfully drafted our filmmaker contracts to be as complete as possible for all legal situations. However, should you experience a unique personal situation requiring the drafting of a special clause, please contact us at your convenience. Otherwise, you may be obliged to find a local entertainment lawyer experienced in the film making industry who will draft any and all other clauses for your Project’s unique situation or circumstance.
This Release is part of the Director’s Deal, and the Producer’s Deal.
Location Release for Pay
Owner(s) Name: _________________________________________________
Location Address: _______________________________________________
Producer(s) Name: _______________________________________________
Producer Company: ______________________________________________
Project Name: ___________________________________________________
Project Genre: ___________________________________________________
(film, music video, stage production, game show, etc)
Herein this Agreement the independent Filmmaker is called the “Producer”.
1. The above named and undersigned Owner of the above addressed Location hereby grants permission to the above named and undersigned Producer to use the Location for the purpose of photographing and recording scenes for the above Project.
2. The Owner(s) and Producer(s) agree to the detailed description of the Location in Appendix “A”. This may include still photos and/or video.
3. The Producer agrees to describe to the Owner and record in detail in Appendix “B” the use of the Location, including dates that Location will be needed, and hereby agrees to return the Location to its original condition prior to the Producer’s use.
4. The Producer agrees to carry any and all insurance(s) necessary to fully cover any and all damage to the Location caused by the Producer’s use. Further Liability Insurance shall cover any and all Personnel and Equipment brought on to the Location by the Producer. The Owner has the Right to inspect the Insurance coverage before any Personnel or Equipment is brought upon the Location.
5. The Owner’s permission includes the Right to bring Personnel and Equipment onto the Location and to remove them after completion of the work. The permission herein granted shall include . . . (continued)