Make-up and Special Effects Agreement
As an Independent Filmmaker, (a.k.a. the Producer of a/your Project), you will be auditioning independent Make-up and Special effects Artists for your Project. As an independent the Make-up and Special effects Artist is not an employee, nor partner, nor agent of the Producer and/or of the Production Company.
Make-up artists change the Make-up and Special effects of an Actor’s appearance using every conceivable shade of foundation, lipstick, eye color and body paint as well as special effects make-up, blood, teeth, casualty packs, bruise kits, wigs and hair pieces. Make-up Artists and Special Effects Artists create glamour or unattractiveness, special props, prosthetics fabrication and application, full body suits and animatronics.
Signing this contract the independent Make-up and Special effects Artist is assigning any and all Rights to their performance over to the Producer.
This Agreement between the independent Make-up and Special Effects Artist and the Producer is drafted in plain English that is easy to read and comprehend. This is a four page, thirteen clause legal Agreement. The Agreement may be filled in on your computer or printed out and filled in later.
Boiler–plate clauses, amongst others in the Agreement, include: waiver of Make-up and Special Effects Artist’s right to inspect or approve the final cut, confidentiality, dismissal for drug/alcohol/illegal photographs/nuisance etc., engagement dates, termination notice.
We regularly receive feedback that we have successfully drafted our filmmaker contracts to be as complete as possible for all legal situations. However, should you experience a unique personal situation requiring the drafting of a special clause, please contact us at your convenience. Otherwise, you may be obliged to find a local entertainment lawyer experienced in the film making industry who will draft any and all other clauses for your Project’s unique situation or circumstance.
This Agreement is part of the Actor’s Deal, Director’s Deal, Producer’s Deal, and the Investor’s Deal.
Make-up and Special Effects Artist Agreement
Make-up and Special Effects Artist Name: ___________________________
Producer(s) Name: _______________________________________________
Producer Company: ______________________________________________
Project Name: __________________________________________________
Project Genre: _________________________________________________
(film, music video, stage production, game show, etc)
Herein this Agreement the Independent Filmmaker is called the “Producer”.
1. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the above named and below signed Producer hereby engages the above named and below signed Make-up and Special Effects Artist as an “Independent Make-up and Special Effects Artist” to perform the services set forth herein, and the Make-up and Special Effects Artist hereby accepts such engagement.
2. The Make-up and Special Effects Artist shall work in coordination with the Director and the Costumer to create appropriate Make-up and Special Effects for the Project including any and all foundation, lipstick, eye color, and body paint as well as special effects make-up, blood, teeth, casualty packs, bruise kits, wigs, hair pieces’ special props, prosthetics fabrication and application, full body suits and animatronics.
3. If the Make-up and Special Effects Artist is providing her/his own Products and Equipment note the assets on Appendix “A”. The Make-up and Special Effects Artist hereby warrants that her/his Products and Equipment are adequate for the Project, and that the Make-up and Special Effects Artist’s Products and Equipment listed in Appendix “A” are of durable and suitable quality for the Project.
4. The Make-up and Special Effects Artist shall not sign any contracts for or on behalf of the Producer nor the Director nor the Project in any way nor manner whatsoever.
5. The Make-up and Special Effects Artist will commence duties on ______________, 20__ and continue until _____________, 20___. Consumption of Drugs or Alcohol before or during the Make-up and Special Effects Artist’s time on the Project and or creating a nuisance that interrupts the Project in any manner whatsoever will command immediate dismissal from . . . (continued)