Soundtrack Recording Agreement
The Independent Filmmaker/Producer/Investor may desire to use the services of an Artist’s vocal and/or musical services in a Project. The Artist services are required to make a Master Sound Recording that will be owned by the Independent Filmmaker/Producer/Investor, and may be used on the soundtrack of the Project and in a soundtrack CD.
This Agreement between the independent Artist and the This Agreement between the independent Art Director and the Producer is drafted in plain English that is easy to read and comprehend. This is an eight page, seventeen clause legal Agreement. The Agreement may be filled in on your computer or printed out and filled in later.
We regularly receive feedback that we have successfully drafted our filmmaker contracts to be as complete as possible for all legal situations. However, should you experience a unique personal situation requiring the drafting of a special clause, please contact us at your convenience. Otherwise, you may be obliged to find a local entertainment lawyer experienced in the film making industry who will draft any and all other clauses for your Project’s unique situation or circumstance.
This Agreement is part of the Director’s Deal, and the Producer’s Deal.
SoundTrack Recording Agreement
Lender Name: __________________________________________________
Artist Name: ____________________________________________________
Composition Title: ________________________________________________
Producer(s) Name: _______________________________________________
Producer Company: ______________________________________________
Project Name: __________________________________________________
Project Genre: _________________________________________________
(film, music video, stage production, game show, etc)
Herein this Agreement the independent Filmmaker is called the “Producer”.
1. This Agreement is made between the above named and below signed Lender and the above named and below signed Producer in connection with a master sound recording (the "Master") embodying the above named musical composition, for possible inclusion in the above named Project, and in a soundtrack album (the "Album") and any other phonograph records, cassettes, Compact Discs, Internet electronic sales to be derived therefrom.
2. In consideration of the mutual covenants made herein, Producer and the Lender and/or Artist hereby agree as follows:
1. SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED: Producer hereby employs Lender to cause Artist to render Artist's vocal and/or musical services to record the Master for possible inclusion in the Project. Artist shall comply with all of Producer's instructions and requests in connection with Artist's services hereunder. Artist shall render such services upon the terms and conditions set forth herein and in accordance with a production schedule to be designated by Producer in its sole discretion.
3. TERM: The term of this Agreement shall commence as of the date hereof and shall continue thereafter until such time as Artist has fully rendered all of Artist's services required hereunder.
4. OWNERSHIP: (a) All results and proceeds of Artist's services hereunder shall constitute or contribute to a work specially ordered or commissioned by Producer for use as part of a Project or other audio-visual work and accordingly, all such results and proceeds shall constitute a "work-made-for-hire”. Producer shall own the Master, together with the performances embodied thereon . . . (continued)