Product Placement Release (short form)
The Independent Filmmaker/Producer may be able to defer cost and/or be compensated for placing manufacturer’s products prominently, or even mentioning the product name, in the Project.
Some manufacturers have in-house departments that arrange these placements. Other companies use product placement agents. These agents may represent products from several manufacturers.
If the product is only momentarily on the screen, and not identifiable, the Independent Filmmaker/Producer need not bother to get a release. Better to be safe and obtain a signed release even if not legally required. To have a Project exhibited, distributors and insurance carriers like to see signed releases for every identifiable product.
We regularly receive feedback that we have successfully drafted our filmmaker contracts to be as complete as possible for all legal situations. However, should you experience a unique personal situation requiring the drafting of a special clause, please contact us at your convenience. Otherwise, you may be obliged to find a local entertainment lawyer experienced in the film making industry who will draft any and all other clauses for your Project’s unique situation or circumstance.
This Agreement between the Product Owner and the Independent Filmmaker/Producer is drafted in plain English that is easy to read and comprehend. This is a five page, ten clause legal Agreement. The Agreement may be filled in on your computer or printed out and filled in later
This Agreement is part of the Producer’s Deal, and the Investor’s Deal.
Product Placement Release Agreement
Product to be Released: _________________________________________
Company Official: _______________________________________________
Position held in Company: ________________________________________
Company Name: _______________________________________________
Producer(s) Name: _____________________________________________
Producer Company: _____________________________________________
Project Name: __________________________________________________
Project Genre: _________________________________________________
(film, music video, stage production, game show, etc)
Herein this Agreement the independent Filmmaker is called the “Producer”.
HENCE, in consideration of the promises, and of the mutual undertakings herein contained, and for other good and valuable considerations, the above named and below signed Company and the above named and below signed Producer agree as follows:
1. When countersigned by the above named and below signed Company Official, on behalf of the above named Company, (herein called the "Company"), this Agreement will confirm that the Company has agreed to, and hereby does grant to the above named and below signed Producer and Producer Company, (herein called the “Producer”), the Right to use its above named Product(s), including any related logo(s) and trademark(s) (herein called collectively, the "Product") in the above named Project.
2. This Agreement shall be effective from ______________________ 20 ___ until __________________________ 20 ______. Any extensions shall be agreed, recorded and signed by all Parties.
3. Details of the agreed use(s) of the Product(s) in the Project are recorded in Appendix “A”. The Producer agrees that the Product will not be used in a disparaging manner.
3. Details of the compensation for the uses of the Product(s) in the Project are detailed in Appendix “B”.
4. The Company acknowledges that the Project may be exhibited and exploited . . . . continued