Property Master Agreement
As an Independent Filmmaker, (a.k.a. the Producer of a/your Project), you will be auditioning an Independent Property Master for your Project. As an Independent the Property Master is not an employee, nor partner, nor agent of the Producer and/or of the Production Company.
The Property Master’s job is collaboration with the director, production designer, cameraman, set decorator and other members of the production to physically express their stylistic and aesthetic requirements. The property master is an artistic and organizational employee in a film, television or theatrical production who is responsible for purchasing, acquiring and/or manufacturing any props needed for a production.
The Property Master is one of the only positions that is on staff during preproduction, developing the stylistic concept of the physical production, then continues on as a member of the physical shooting/production crew.
Signing this contract the independent Property Master is assigning any and all Rights to their performance over to the Producer.
This Agreement between the independent Property Master and the Producer is drafted in plain English that is easy to read and comprehend. This is a four page, thirteen clause legal Agreement. The Agreement may be filled in on your computer or printed out and filled in later.
Boiler–plate clauses, amongst others in the Agreement, include: confidentiality, dismissal for drug/alcohol/illegal photographs/nuisance etc., engagement dates, and termination notice.
We regularly receive feedback that we have successfully drafted our filmmaker contracts to be as complete as possible for all legal situations. However, should you experience a unique personal situation requiring the drafting of a special clause, please contact us at your convenience. Otherwise, you may be obliged to find a local entertainment lawyer experienced in the film making industry who will draft any and all other clauses for your Project’s unique situation or circumstance.
This Agreement is part of the, Actor Deal, Director’s Deal, and the
Property Master/Manager Agreement
Property Master/Manager Name: ____________________________________
Producer(s) Name: _______________________________________________
Producer Company: ______________________________________________
Project Name: __________________________________________________
Project Genre: _________________________________________________
(film, music video, stage production, game show, etc)
1. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the Producer hereby
engages the Property Master/Manager as an “Independent Property Master/Manager” to perform the services set forth herein, and the Property Master/Manager hereby accepts such engagement.
2. The Property Master/Manager shall work directly with the Director and in collaboration with the Art Director, Production Designer, Cameraman, Set Decorator and any and all personnel so designated to provide the required Property for the Project.
3. If the Property Master/Manager is providing her/his own property and or equipment note the assets on Appendix “A”. The Property Master/Manager hereby warrants that her/his property and or equipment is adequate for the Project, and that the Property Master/Manager’s property and or equipment listed in Appendix “A” is of durable and suitable quality for the Project.
4. The Property Master/Manager shall not sign any contracts for or on behalf of the Producer nor the Director nor the Project in any way nor manner whatsoever.
5. The Property Master/Manager will commence duties on ______________, 20__ and continue until _____________, 20___. Consumption of Drugs or Alcohol before or during the Property Mixer/Manager’s time on the Project will command immediate dismissal from . . . (continued)