Script Supervisor Agreement
As an Independent Filmmaker, (a.k.a. the Producer of a/your Project), you will be auditioning independent Script Supervisors for your Project. As an independent the Script Supervisor is not an employee, nor partner, nor agent of the Producer and/or of the Production Company.
Script Supervisor is the member of the crew responsible for maintaining the Project’s internal continuity and for marking the production unit’s daily progress. The script supervisor is a technical rather than artistic position. In pre-production, the Script Supervisor creates a number of reports based on the script, including a one-line continuity synopsis providing basic continuity information on each scene and a wardrobe synopsis used to track changes to wardrobe.
The Script Supervisor is the Editor’s and Writer’s set representative on set, as well as being the right hand aide to the Director and the Director of Photography. It is the script supervisor’s duty to make certain that the film can be cut together from her/his notes. In that sense, they back up every department, monitor the script during shooting and make sure that errors in continuity do not occur that would prevent the film from being able to be compiled in the editing room. During production, the script supervisor acts as a central point for all production information on a film shoot, and has several responsibilities: continuity, slating, script revisions, production reports and editor’s notes.
Signing this contract the independent Script Supervisor is assigning any and all Rights to their performance over to the Producer.
This Agreement between the independent Script Supervisor and the Producer is drafted in plain English that is easy to read and comprehend. The Agreement may be filled in on your computer or printed out and filled in later
Boiler–plate clauses, amongst others in the Agreement, include: confidentiality, dismissal for drug/alcohol/illegal photographs/nuisance etc., engagement dates, and termination notice. Your
We regularly receive feedback that we have successfully drafted our filmmaker contracts to be as complete as possible for all legal situations. However, should you experience a unique personal situation requiring the drafting of a special clause, please contact us at your convenience. Otherwise, you may be obliged to find a local entertainment lawyer experienced in the film making industry who will draft any and all other clauses for your Project’s unique situation or circumstance.
This Agreement is part of the Director’s Deal and the Producer’s Deal.
Script Supervisor Agreement
Script Supervisor Name: ____________________________________________
Producer(s) Name: _______________________________________________
Producer Company: ______________________________________________
Project Name: __________________________________________________
Project Genre: _________________________________________________
(film, music video, stage production, game show, etc)
Herein this Agreement the Independent Filmmaker is the “Producer”.
1. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the above named and below signed Producer hereby engages the above named and below signed Script Supervisor as an “Independent Script Supervisor” to perform the services set forth herein, and the Script Supervisor hereby accepts such engagement.
2. The Script Supervisor shall work directly with the Director during all shots, recording continuity, slating, script revisions, and Editor’s notes. The Script Supervisor shall produce any and all Production Reports as directed by the Producer.
3. If the Script Supervisor is providing her/his own equipment note the assets on Appendix “A”. The Script Supervisor hereby warrants that her/his equipment is adequate for the Project, and that the Script Supervisor’s Equipment listed in Appendix “A” is of durable and suitable quality for the Project.
4. The Script Supervisor shall not sign any contracts for or on behalf of the Producer nor the Director nor the Project in any way nor manner whatsoever.
5. The Script Supervisor will commence duties on ______________, 20__ and continue until _____________, 20___. Consumption of Drugs or Alcohol before or during the Script Supervisor’s time on the Project and or creating a nuisance that interrupts the Project in any manner whatsoever will command immediate dismissal from . . . (continued)