Assistant Director Contract
he Independent Filmmaker may determine that her/his Project requires an Assistant Director(s). The Assistant Director may be to assist the Director or the Director of Photography.
The duties of an Assistant Director include setting the shooting schedule, tracking daily progress against the Project production schedule, arranging logistics, preparing daily call sheets, checking the arrival of cast and crew, maintaining order on the set, rehearsing cast, and directing extras. Your Lawyer will draft any and all other clauses for your Project’s unique situations and circumstances.
This Agreement between the independent Assistant Director and the Producer is drafted in plain English that is easy to read and comprehend. This is a three page, twelve clause legal Agreement. The Agreement may be filled in on your computer or printed out and filled in later.
We regularly receive feedback that we have successfully drafted our filmmaker contracts to be as complete as possible for all legal situations. However, should you experience a unique personal situation requiring the drafting of a special clause, please contact us at your convenience. Otherwise, you may be obliged to find a local entertainment lawyer experienced in the film making industry who will draft any and all other clauses for your Project’s unique situation or circumstance.
This Agreement is part of the Director’s Deal, and the Producer’s Deal.
Assistant Director Agreement
Assistant Director Name: _________________________________________
Producer(s) Name: _______________________________________________
Producer Company: ______________________________________________
Project Name: __________________________________________________
Project Genre: _________________________________________________
(film, music video, stage production, game show, etc)
Herein this Agreement the independent Filmmaker is called the “Producer”.
1. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the above named and below signed Producer hereby engages the above named and below signed Assistant Director as an “Independent Assistant Director” to perform the services set forth herein, and the Assistant Director hereby accepts such engagement.
2. The Assistant Director shall be responsible for assisting the Director of the Project. The Assistant Director shall coordinate with the Director and o/or Producer or any other person designated to assist in the Production of the Project.
3. The Assistant Director shall not sign any contracts for or on behalf of the Producer nor the Director nor the Project in any way nor manner whatsoever.
4. The Assistant Director will commence duties on ______________, 20__ and continue until _____________, 20___. Consumption of Drugs or Alcohol before or during the Assistant Director’s time on the Project and or creating a nuisance that interrupts the Project in any manner whatsoever will command immediate dismissal from the set and Project.
5. The Assistant Director understands that she/he shall receive . . . (continued)