Graphic Design Work-for-Hire
The Independent Filmmaker/Producer/Investor hires a Graphic Artist to produces a piece work to promote, advertise and publicize their Project.
A Graphic Artist (also known as a Graphic Designer) is a professional within the graphic design and graphic arts industry who assembles together images, typography or motion graphics to create a piece of promotional art. A core responsibility of the designer’s job is to present information in a way that is both accessible and aesthetic.
A good portfolio to prove the Graphic Artist’s talent is usually required and built through the career. A portfolio is always shown at job interviews.
This Agreement between the independent Graphic Artist and the Producer is drafted in plain English that is easy to read and comprehend. This is a four page, eleven clause legal Agreement. The Agreement may be filled in on your computer or printed out and filled in later.
We regularly receive feedback that we have successfully drafted our filmmaker contracts to be as complete as possible for all legal situations. However, should you experience a unique personal situation requiring the drafting of a special clause, please contact us at your convenience. Otherwise, you may be obliged to find a local entertainment lawyer experienced in the film making industry who will draft any and all other clauses for your Project’s unique situation or circumstance.
This Agreement is part of the Director’s Deal, and the Producer’s Deal.
Graphic Artist Work-for-Hire Agreement
Graphic Artist: ___________________________________________
Company Name: ________________________________________
Producer Name: ________________________________________
Company Name: _________________________________________
Project Name: _________________________________________
Project Genre: ___________________________________________
(film, music video, stage play, etc)
Herein this Agreement the independent Filmmaker is called the “Producer”.
1. This Agreement confirms the understanding between the above named and below signed Graphic Artist and the above named and below signed Producer regarding the Work to be completed and the standard of the Work by the Graphic Artist as more fully described in Appendix “A”..
2. The Graphic Artist agrees to deliver the Work to the Producer no later than (date) ___________________________ in a manner and form satisfactory to the Producer.
3. The Graphic Artist understands that she/he shall receive ______________ compensation for her/his skill and services as a Graphic Artist for the above named Project, including any and all equipment provided by the Graphic Artist and noted in Appendix ”A”.
4. The Graphic Artist further understand that by accepting this one time compensation and granting this permission the Graphic Artist is irrevocably giving up all rights and claims to monetary compensation for any future uses of this Project by the Producer(s) and her/his/their Company(s), heirs, successors or assigns.
5. This Agreement shall not render the Graphic Artist an employee, nor partner nor agent of the Producer for any purpose . . . (continued)