Material Release Form for Pay
The Independent Filmmaker may find that she/he requires the use of another person’s goods and/or materials.
In this release the Material Owner(s) of the loaned materials are warranted from the borrower, the Independent Filmmaker, that the goods will be returned in satisfactory condition. Your Lawyer will draft any and all other clauses for your Project’s unique situations and circumstances.
This Agreement between the independent Material Owner and the Independent Filmmaker /Producer is drafted in plain English that is easy to read and comprehend. This is a three page, twelve clause legal Agreement. The Agreement may be filled in on your computer or printed out and filled in later.
We regularly receive feedback that we have successfully drafted our filmmaker contracts to be as complete as possible for all legal situations. However, should you experience a unique personal situation requiring the drafting of a special clause, please contact us at your convenience. Otherwise, you may be obliged to find a local entertainment lawyer experienced in the film making industry who will draft any and all other clauses for your Project’s unique situation or circumstance.
This Agreement is part of the Director’s Deal, and the Producer’s Deal.
Materials Release Form for Pay
Materials Owner(s) Name: __________________________________________
Materials Requested: see Exhibit “A”
Producer(s) Name: ______________________________________________
Producer Company: _____________________________________________
Project Name: __________________________________________________
Project Genre: _________________________________________________
(film, music video, stage production, game show, etc)
Herein this Agreement the independent Filmmaker is called the “Producer”.
1. The Material(s) Owner(s) hereby grant to the Producer permission to use the Material(s) listed, for loan-out condition and identification, in Exhibit “A”, belonging to the above named Owner(s), to be used in the above named Project.
2. The Producer hereby agrees and warrants to fix, mend, replace and restore to the original condition all Material(s) as originally loaned.
3. If any Material(s) loaned is/are over________________________ in value or the cumulative value of the Material(s) exceeds _______________ in value, the Producer warrants and agrees to Insure the Materials for replacement value.
4. Full credit will be given to the Material(s) Owner(s) during the Project’s ending credits.
5. The Producer shall solely own the copyright in the aforesaid Project, and any advertising or promotional material for such Project. The Producer shall have all Rights to use said Project hereinafter devised, and in all countries and territories worldwide, in perpetuity. The undersigned Owner(s) also consents to the use of the images of said Materials(s) in any printed matter and advertising and marketing materials used to promote said Project.
6. The undersigned Owner(s) hereby waives any Right that he/she/it may have to inspect or approve the finished Project, or the advertising copy or printed matter that may be used in connection therewith, or the use to which it may be applied.
7. The undersigned Owner(s) hereby releases, discharges, and agrees to hold harmless Producer, its legal representatives, and assigns, and all persons acting under its permission or authority, or those for whom it is acting, from any liability by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form, whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in the taking of said Project image(s) . . . (continued)