Question by Lindsey_@~/~: Florida Theme Parks?
i am planning on going to Orlando Florida in either summer ’10 or summer ’11. I’m planning to buy the lrnod Flex Ticket Plus. That gives me unlimited admission to SeaWorld, Aquatica,n Wet ‘n’ wild, Busch Gardens (Tampa Bay), Catwalk, IOD and Universal Studios.
1 Compare weather and crowds in August and July. What month is better? These are the ONLY ones I would be able t travel in!
2. Universal Express Plus. Can I add it onto my flex ticket? Is i worth it?
3. Meal Deals. Universal offers these for $ $ 21 per person, avabilbe from 10- 30 min before closing, at seclect resteraunts. Good for 1 park, pay extra for 2 parks. Add drinks for $ 8 per person.
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS: Mel’s Drive-In – Burgers, Chicken and Salads, Louie’s Italian Restaurant – Pizza, Pasta, and Salads, International Food and Film Festival – Asian, Italian, and American Food
IOA: Circus McGurkus Café Stoo-pendous – Fried Chicken, Spaghetti, Pizza, Chicken Caesar Salad, Burgers and Chicken Sandwiches, Comic Strip Cafe – Chinese, Italian, New England and American Food, The Burger Digs – Burgers, Chicken Sandwiches, and Chicken Fingers. Is it a good deal? I have 2 teen age guys coming… Let;s just say 2 BIG bags of Doritos, 1 12-can box of pepsi, 12 ice-cream sandwiches, and 2 pizzas, PLUS 1 taco bell NBA box per person in 1 night. That’s what they eat…. O_o
Also, Busch Garends offers one as well:The cost is $ 29.95 for adults and $ 13.95 for children ages 9 and younger.
Here are the participating restaurants: Zagora Cafe, Crown Colony Pizza, Bengal Bistro, Garden Gate Cafe, Zambia Smokehouse, Desert Grill, Orange Cafe. So, is this all day dining deal worth the money, this one includes driks and is all day.
PLEASE no comparisons to Disney! Thanks in advance!
Answer by Drewbenski
Well there is a lot to this question,
1. Honestly Weather and Crowds are going to be equal during both months. It will be Hot, It will be Humid and it will be crowded. I would avoid going during any major holiday such as 4th of July. I would also try and avoid the weekends when more locals visit the parks. The good news is theme parks are well equipped for dealing with large volumes of crowds.
2. The Express Pass can not be added onto your ticket as the prices change day to day depending on estimated park attendence. It is worth it on high attendce days although it will be almost the same price as admission. You can also only use it ONCE per ride. I would also only bother purchasing it fo IOA as that is the park with all the thrill rides.
3. The meal deal at all the parks is well worth the cost if you are planning on spending the whole day in the park and are having more then one meal. You will easily spend the cost of the meal deal ticket on one meal. They also have the same deal at Aquatica and Seaworld.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!