Question by Dave S: I need ideas for my short movie?
Here’s the deal…I was given a project not too long ago for my advanced editing/TV production class and I am stuck on parts of the story and need ideas on what to do.
– Must be exactly 4 minutes in length
– Single camera production
– Put all of your learned skills to use
– Go somewhere
– Do something
– Meet with someone
– Talk to that someone
– Return “home”
“The Unfinished Project”
– I walk down into the basement after my TV class. We were just given the project.
– I sit down at the PC wondering what I will make the movie about.
– I log onto a video editing message board and post asking for suggestions.
– A reply comes back suggesting I make a movie about making the movie.
– Me: “Hmm, that sounds interesting…” [start daydream]
– I show a few shots of me filming and then editing.
– while editing I am sucked into the screen.
– I see some crazy file folder (this will be a joke linked to my teacher as he has some crazy sounding files/folders on his desktop and one kid always reads them all when he turns on the projector LOL)…and I walk off into the folder.
– Meanwhile someone jumps on the PC and opens up Google Maps to get some directions.
– They leave it open and walk away.
– I come out of the folder and am like “what’s this?…I wonder…”
– I jump into the map and am transported to the actual location.
(This is where I need those ideas)
– I wake up from that daydream and say “No that’s just crazy, I’ve got to stay focused.”
Answer by Cullen#9
I think a dream sequence is cool. Make it an insane dream.
What do you think? Answer below!