Question by all you need is love: Online schools, pros&cons of home schooling, methods, tutors?
Home schooling seems to be a good option for me. I have very high placements in english and writing, but always need extra time on math. I also like to take my time learning things. I also tend to get bored with what I’m learning and can’t focus because I don’t want to just listen to a teacher talk to me about everything, I want to read and learn on my own. Home schooling would let me go at my own pace. My questions are:
1. How do I approach and ask my mom about home schooling? (We’ve moved around the past couple of years, and moved back into this town because of the public schools which are the best in the state of Rhode Island, so I need some REALLY good convincing.)
2. What are the best online schools? (Are there any great schools with no or inexpensive tuition?)
Some I’ve found that are recommened a lot are Alpha Omega, K12, Keystone, Chrisa Mcauliffe, Allied High School, and Connections Academy
3. Do you prefer a tutor/parent or online?
4. What is your favorite method of home school? (Independent, Unit, Un-Schooling, Correspondence)
5. Do you also have a tutor along with online schooling?
6. Are you ahead or behind with your state’s public/private schools?
7. Pros/Cons or home schooling?
8. If I wanted a tutor/teacher, where could I find one?
Sorry I have so many questions. Any websites for more info are great 🙂
Thanks so much!
Answer by hscoach
Here is a list of reasons to homeschool. –
Here is a list of online academies. –
Rather than online schooling, you might be a good candidate for putting together your own curriculum or unschooling, at least in some ways. (*since you like to read and learn on your own) Here is a site about unschooling. –
What do you think? Answer below!