Question by xeprexapro: i have an home take exam due to couple hours please help!!?
1.List the 5 elements of the Basic Story. (5 points)
2.Write the opening description for a scene set in Williams Café in Leddy Library in which the main character sits, typing on a laptop and a friend arrives and joins the main character. (5 points)
3. What is theme? How does theme differ from basic story? Select a major release feature film. Identify and write the basic story (using paragraph form). Identify and write the theme. (10 points)
4. In the space provided, critique the following documentary synopsis and then write a strong documentary synopsis on the topic of racism. (5 points)
“This documentary is about racism. It will look at how racism impacts people and communities. It will also discuss possible solutions.”
5. You have just finished a 15-minute documentary examining the issues related to the proposed new border crossing between Canada and the United States in the Windsor area. In the space provided, list 4 basic markets for film/video productions. Explain what steps you would take to market, distribute and exhibit this program? Consider local opportunities as well as national and international venues. (5 points)
6. You have been hired by XYZ Corporation as Production Manager for their new fiction film titled Beyond The Pale. Read the following scene and fill in the blocks appropriately on the attached Breakdown Sheet. (5 points)
EXT – ST. MARK’S RIVER – DAY
PAULA MCKINNEY, 13, is up to her shoulders in the water. She takes four slow BREATHS then quickly ducks under the water.
INDIAN SITAR MUSIC fades in as the water settles into a placid surface. Paula emerges from the water, out of breath.
Dense woods draped in moss align the river’s edge. Nearby is a small dilapidated wooden dock. A large yellow dog sniffs through the hyacinths on the bank.
Paula wears a bathing suit, a pair of beat-up sneakers and scrapes and scabs on both her knees. She holds up a piece of a jawbone, the teeth still intact.
She places it in an old cigar box where a fading black & white photograph of a young couple lays alongside some rocks, an old whistle and a pack of chewing gum.
Code: Breakdown Sheets/Strips
Day Ext – Yellow SCRIPT BREAKDOWN SHEET
Night Ext – Green
Day Int – White
Night Int – Blue
Extras/Silent Bits (Yellow)
Special Effects (Blue)
Sound Effect/Music (Brown)
Special Equipment (Box)
7. This is a multiple part essay question. Read all segments before beginning.
You have been hired to direct the following scene.
INT – CADILLAC – NIGHT
GEOFFREY slides into the driver’s seat and JULIE scrambles into the backseat through the passenger door. Before she settles into the seat, he squeals into a U-turn, the passenger’s door slams shut with his spin.
Small red taillights fishtail up ahead. The pursued car churns up fine snow.
Geoffrey takes the cigarette from his mouth and stubs it in his ashtray. We hear the churning of the car wheels and the pinging of snow clods and salt on the car’s underside. In the back seat, Julie screams.
Geoffrey is not gaining on the taillights. He fights with the wheel as his car swims on the road. The red taillights ahead start to turn. With a distant crunching sound, they disappear.
The headlights now show only empty road. The headlights arc, starting to turn.
Geoffrey frowns and slows the car. His headlights show the car up ahead off the road, crumpled around a telephone pole, having failed to hold the turn.
Geoffrey brakes. Julie slides off the back seat and thumps onto the floor.
Geoffrey sweeps his gun off the front seat, throws open his door and gets out.
7.A. What is the main character’s objective in the scene? (2 points)
7. B. What is the other character’s objective in the scene? (2 points)
7.C. Write a brief (no longer than one page) character bio or character history for the main character of the scene. (5 points)
7.D. What are the major dramatic beats in this scene? Explain why you believe these are the dramatic beats. (6 points)
7.E Explain specifically and clearly how you will dramatize on the screen (audio and/or visual) each dramatic beat identified in 23.D. (5 points)
7.F. Determine and describe the visual style you would use in directing this scene. (5 points)
guys im not stupid of course i did some parts but i wanna make sure that im doing the right thing!!! if u have any answers share with me
Answer by chebrew2000
You are soooooo screwed! Sorry but whatever you were doing instead of this long homework assignment, I hope it was worth it.
Give your answer to this question below!