Question by 2 kool: world history help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
1. The African National Congress called for armed resistance against the white South African government after the arrest of their leader, ____, in 1962. (1 point)
2. Most leaders of the newly independent African nations came from (1 point)
the industrial working class.
the peasant farming class.
the urban middle class.
3. The United Arabic Republic was formed by a union between which two nations? (1 point)
Egypt and Syria
Egypt and Israel
Egypt and Iran
Iran and Iraq
4. The Camp David Accords led to a peace treaty between Israel and which nation? (1 point)
the United States
5. Muslim leaders like the Ayatollah Khomeini opposed the shad of Iran because they (1 point)
disapproved of his open posture toward Israel.
were members of a different ethnic group than the shah.
believed the economy of Iran should not depend so heavily on oil production.
felt the shah promoted a culture of greed and materialism.
6. Modern African cultures are characterized by the tension between (1 point)
Communist and socialist forms of government.
industrial and agrarian economic systems.
traditional ways and modern Western culture.
capitalist and socialist economic systems.
7. Many Middle Eastern Muslims see Islamic revivalism as a (1 point)
democratic political movement.
movement to create a single, unified Islamic state.
movement to reassert Muslim identity and values.
movement to spread Islam in the Middle East.
8. Which of the following was NOT a result of the UN resolution dividing Palestine? (1 point)
Many Palestinians fled to neighboring Arab states.
Some Palestinians came under Israeli rule.
Many Palestinian people were forced to live in refugee camps.
The issue of a Palestinian homeland was finally settled.
9. In 1956, Egyptian colonel Gamal Abdel Nasser (1 point)
seized the Suez Canal Company from Britain and France.
resisted the idea of an Arab union.
returned the Suez Canal to the United States.
gave control of the Suez Canal to the Soviet Union.
10. During the 1980s, some militant Palestinian Arabs (1 point)
led an intifada or “uprising” in the territories occupied by Israel.
created an organization called the Palestine Liberation Organization or PLO.
signed a cease-fire agreement with Egypt.
overthrew the shah in Iran.
Answer by Funkmasterflex123
Do your homework since your so cool
Add your own answer in the comments!