Your company may be at risk of significant financial loss and legal problems due to insufficient attention to contract management. Contracts are often involved when your company/organization purchases or sells goods and services, or enters into relationships with companies or individuals for a wide range of purposes. Most organizations can benefit from implementing better, consistent organization-wide practices and procedures for drafting, negotiating, signing, fulfilling and storing contracts. If you are not confident that your organization has a well designed and functioning contract management process, you can assess the effectiveness of your contract management processes and practices and identify ways to reduce risks by conducting a Contract Risk Survey.
Contract-Risk surveys gather information about practices and procedures for drafting, negotiating, signing, fulfilling and storing contracts across organizations. The objective is to use the information gathered by the survey to develop better consistency across the organization to maximize the efficiency of contracting practices and processes and minimize risks associated with any inadequate contracting controls.
The questions in Contract-Risk Assessment surveys are designed to gather information for analyzing how organizations manage contracts. The insight and information managers and other employees involved in the contract process provide is essential for filling in significant knowledge gaps and for calibrating contracting practices across business areas in order to develop successful and scalable company-wide practices.
Identifying Contract Risks
Contract Risk Surveys identify enterprise-wide and organizational unit specific contract-related risks. Some of the contract risks identified by the surveys include:
1. Risk to the organization’s assets, intellectual property, reputation, etc. due to poorly written/executed contracts
2. Risk of unauthorized employees signing contracts committing the organization financially and legally
3. Risk of contract non-compliance by suppliers and other entities
4. Risk of not monitoring/following up on terms and requirements
5. Risk of creating and signing contracts that are unfavorable to your organization
6. Risk of creating and/or signing contracts without advice/review by legal counsel
7. Risk of misplacing original signed contracts
8. Risk of having inefficient and inconsistent contract practices and procedures across the organization
9. Risk of not keeping contracts and terms confidential
Some of the many issues included in Contract Risk Assessment Surveys
1. Identification of current contract practices
2. Awareness of/compliance with contract practices and signing authority
3. Value of contracts by business units
4. Use of third party vs. in-house contracts and terms
5. Use of templates
6. In-house, external or no legal support for drafting and review of contracts
7. Practices for storing and preserving paper and electronic copies of contracts
Benefits of Contract Surveys
Contract-Risk Surveys provide several benefits that mitigate risks and increase performance across organizations:
1. Improve contract tracking and contract compliance resulting in reduced contract creation and contract management costs
2. Ensure suppliers and other outside parties are complying with your organization’s contracts
3. Provide legal staff with information for enhancing their support of the contract process
4. Avoid costly compliance litigation
5. Determine how well contract-relted practices and processes have been communicated and are being followed across the organization
6. Use the survey findings for risk mitigation and to design and implement a consistent, enhanced contract management process and practices
7. Reduce the risk of unauthorized creation and signing of contracts
8. Provide managers with useful information about how well they are creating and managing contracts
9. Ensure that paper and electronic contracts are stored securely
If your company/organization does not have a consistent process and practices in place for managing all of your contracts, or if any of the contract management issues mentioned in this article describe possible shortfalls in your contract management practices, conducting a cost-effective surveywithin your organization is a highly effective way to identify contract related risks. This is a key first step in managing contracts more effectively and reducing risks.
Information about Contract Risk Assessment Surveys
Information about Quantisoft’s Surveys
Howard Deutsch is CEO of Quantisoft, a full service survey company, conducting a wide range of employee and customer surveys. Quantisoft conducted a comprehensive Contract Risk Assessment Survey for a leading medical equipment company, enabling them to identify and strengthen many shortfalls and inconsistencies in their contract management process and practices. Contact Howard at (609) 409-9945 or email@example.com.
This is a story about the ghost in Hitman Contracts. Mixed with some cool music by Clint Mansell. This movie was made by Keule from HMF, all credit goes to him.
Video Rating: 4 / 5
Question by goniriz: How do I get contracts with medical facilities, I just opened a Medical transportation company?
I recently opened a medical transportation company and I need to know how to get contracts with medical facilities. What do I say? Who do I talk to? Who writes up the contract? If anyone has any idea, knowledge about this can you please help???
Answer by ennea
I think you should have sorted out this answer before the establishment of your company, as if you have decided this it means you have your contacts and contracts , otherwise just start knocking at doors.
Give your answer to this question below!
Shasta County supervisors OK contracts to house inmates at other jails
Shasta County supervisors approved two contracts Tuesday to let local inmates stay in jails in other counties to dodge the revolving-door trend at the Shasta County jail for at least the next year. "It will help return some offender accountability …
Read more on Record-Searchlight
Follow Me On Twitter: www.twitter.com Recorded this video in a different way to how I usually do them…do you prefer this or the end of the month summaries? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW! ♥ Feedback is always appreciated! Song: Murking (Instrumental) – JME (prod by Preditah)
Video Rating: 4 / 5
A few contracts products I can recommend:
What You Need To Know Before You Sign That Contract.
Lisunov, Li-2, DC-3 Contract
Image by San Diego Air & Space Museum Archives
Catalog #: 01_00082149
Title: Lisunov, Li-2, DC-3 Contract
Corporation Name: Lisunov
Official Nickname: DC-3 Contract
Additional Information: Russia
Tags: Lisunov, Li-2, DC-3 Contract
Repository: San Diego Air and Space Museum Archive
Fluor wins Saudi aluminum, US highway contracts
Aug 1 (Reuters) – Engineering and construction company Fluor Corp has won contracts worth more than $ 1 billion for a highway project in the United States and an aluminum plant in Saudi Arabia, the company said on Wednesday. Fluor's Fluor Enterprises …
Read more on Reuters
Omaha, NE (PRWEB) August 01, 2012
Aureus Medical Group (web: aureusmedical.com), a national leader in healthcare staffing, including diagnostic imaging jobs, has announced that it will participate as an exhibitor at the AHRAs Annual Conference to be held August 13-15, in Kissimmee, FL.
With over 4,000 members nationwide, AHRA is comprised of management professionals at all levels of hospital imaging departments, imaging centers and group practices. The AHRA conference offers professional development, educational programming, networking opportunities and exhibits with products and services related to diagnostic imaging.
Representatives from Aureus Medicals diagnostic imaging division will be available to speak with attendees about its full range of staffing services, including diagnostic imaging. Aureus Medical Group will be located at Booth #316. Attendees are invited to enter a raffle at the booth.
ABOUT AUREUS MEDICAL GROUP:
Aureus Medical Group is a national leader in healthcare staffing specializing in the successful placement of Nursing, Advanced Practice, Cardiopulmonary, Diagnostic Imaging, Medical Laboratory, Neurodiagnostics, Pharmacy, Radiation Oncology, and Rehabilitation Therapy professionals, as well as Physicians, in hospitals and medical facilities nationwide. With more than 25 years of experience, Aureus Medical offers a full range of staffing options, including national contract (travel), local contract, and direct hire.
Aureus Medical is the largest division of Omaha-based C&A Industries, a leading provider of human capital management solutions for more than 40 years.
Related Contracts Press Releases