Question by Cindy D: I have a degree in photography, only now learning the digital aspect. How does the headshot business work ?
How is digital headshot photography different from film? Would I shoot in Raw or jpeg? How do the clients receive their pictures from me? Would I do touch ups or just give them a DVD and have the client take it to the lab? How much should I charge? I am currently taking photoshop I at the International School of photography, but need to start working immediately and have connections in the acting community. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Answer by Galan F
Sounds like you need a degree in Business.
1. Too vague to provide specifics.
2. RAW or TIFF – I chose based on application (Jpeg for web)
3. Digital is cost effective
4. Disk or print… your client pays so makes the choice.
5. Touch ups are part of the process.
6. How good are you?
Give your answer to this question below!